Monday Night Pinball
This website provides access to all details available for the league, including links to the software used to run the league, schedule, current standings, player statistics, rules and regulations, and various other information pertinent to the league.
Congratulations to Fall 2018 Champions
- Division 1: Full Tilt Ballard's Soda Jerks
- Division 2: The Getaway Tavern's Eighteen Ball Deluxe
Monday Night Pinball is a friendly competitive pinball bar league in the Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area that aims to build interest in the hobby and encourage players and their teams to grow together. The league consists of 26 teams spread out over 18 locations, where each location hosts one or two teams. Each team fields 10 players weekly, thus there are 260 players competing weekly across 13 matches. A pool of over 100 Subs allows every team to field a full 10 players, even when one or more of their regular roster members are absent during a league night. Membership is only $1 per player per season; Substitutes can participate at no cost. Players are responsible for paying for their own pinball games on league night.
There are two seasons annually, one in Spring that runs from February to week before Memorial Day. The other is in Fall that runs from after Labor Day through mid December. Each season consists of 11 regular season matches, then three weeks of playoffs. Each season crowns a Division 1 champion and awarded the Rodney Olsen Memorial Trophy. You can see the current champions and the trophy in the Cover Photo of our Monday Night Pinball Facebook Group Page. 2nd and 3rd place in Division 1, as well as top 3 teams in Division 2, also receive trophies. Teams have the opportunity to display the trophy for the duration of the following season. The trophies are then re-awarded on finals night of the subsequent season.
Spring 2019 Updates
- Team and Division Changes:
- Drain Freeze at The Ice Box: retaining the name of the disbanded Narwhal Drain Freeze, several players from that team branded together to form a new team with a new home location.
- Tilt & Destroy at Coindexter's: Coinhole Surfers disbanded, and this new team fills the void to keep Coindexter's as a two-team location.
- Slap Kraken Pop is a new team at a new location, the Kraken Bar and Lounge in the U district. While the location has been around for years, having a full gameroom is a welcomed new addition!
- Eighteen Ball Deluxe and Seacorns promoted to Division 1.
- Stranger Slings changes their name to match their initials DTP, and are relegated back to Division 2 that they won two seasons ago.
- The B Team at 4B's disbanded.
- Division 1 remains at 12 teams and Division 2 remains at 14 teams.
- Rule Changes:
- SUBSTITUTES: the prior rule of penalizing teams that needed five or more subs has been dropped. The original purpose of the rule was to help teams bond, and use of many substitutes was seen as an issue. However, that’s not proven to be an issue, and teams that need many subs is usually a rare need, but when it happens the team is already experiencing hardship, we don’t want to penalize them more. The revised rule allows a team as many subs as needed. The one requirement is a captain must be present, or a roster player serve as captain. Teams that repeatedly have the need for many subs will be reviewed by the board at end of the season, and risks either being disbanded or having a forced change in captain if they desire to continue as a team the following season.
- The duties of the Board of Directors have been refined, with clearer separation between commissioners and advisors. Commissioners are responsible for day-to-day operation of the league and have indefinite appointments. Advisors have one-year appointments that expire every June, after the spring season. The method of selecting new advisors will be refined over the course of the season. There will always be at least two board members representing each division. Michael Adcock has been designated a new Commissioner, with the title Commissioner of Information Architecture. Refer to the section Board of Directors below for names of all current board members.
- Promotion and Relegation rules for teams between seasons has been revised to consider at team’s record, rather than their final placement in the standings as was considered in the past two seasons. Refer to the detailed rules for the guidelines that the Board of Directors will use to readjust divisions between seasons.
- Approximate IPR Freeze Dates:
- Pre-Season update: Feb 4
- Mid-Season update: Mar 19
- Pre-Playoff / NWPAS update: Apr 30
Other LinksSeattle's Monday Night Pinball league has established a set of five core values that best define the spirit of the league, and are used to navigate decision making. The values are: