Monday Night Pinball
This website provides access to all details available for the league, including links to the software used to run the league, schedule, current standings, player statistics, rules and regulations, and various other information pertinent to the league.
Congratulations to Fall 2019 Champions
- Division 1: Full Tilt Ballard's Soda Jerks
- Division 2: 8-Bit's Pinguins
Monday Night Pinball is a friendly competitive pinball bar league in the Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area that aims to build interest in the hobby and encourage players and their teams to grow together. The league consists of 28 teams spread out over 17 venus, where each venue hosts one or two teams. Each team fields 10 players weekly, thus there are 280 players competing weekly across 14 matches. A pool of over 100 Subs allows every team to field a full 10 players, even when one or more of their regular roster members are absent during a league night. Membership is only $1 per player per season; Substitutes can participate at no cost. Players are responsible for paying for their own pinball games on league night.
There are two seasons annually, one in Spring that runs from February to before Memorial Day. The other is in Fall that runs from after Labor Day through mid December. Each season consists of 11 regular season matches, then three weeks of playoffs. Each season crowns a Division 1 champion and awarded the Rodney Olsen Memorial Trophy.
Normally we have a photo of the current champions and the trophy as the Cover Photo of our Monday Night Pinball Facebook Group Page. This season is an exception, as we dedicate the season to Elijah Skye Nelson, one of the original members of MNP and a player on the Silverball Slayers who passed away shortly after the end of last season. Thus we'll keep a team photo of his team for duration of this season.
2nd and 3rd place in Division 1, as well as top 3 teams in Division 2, also receive trophies. Teams have the opportunity to display the trophy for the duration of the following season. The trophies are then re-awarded on finals night of the subsequent season.
Spring 2020 Updates
- Team and Division Updates:
- Division 1 remains at 12 teams and Division 2 grows to 16 teams.
- Pinguins and Knight Riders move from Division 2 from Division 1.
- DTP and Seacorns move from Division 1 to Division 2.
- Vidiot's True Survivors team has disbanded after their venue closed down.
- Coindexter's Tilt & Destroy team has disbanded, with several of their members leaving to join other teams.
- Seacorns move to become a second team at Olaf's, after their home venue Full Tilt Capitol Hill closed.
- Iron Bullies move from The Ice Box to become a second team at The Kraken, and take on a new name Ball of Cthulhu
- Third Ball Charmers at The Ice Box is returning under a new name, Little League All Stars
- The Ice Box has a new expansion team that replaces the Iron Bullies who left, Ramp Tramps
- Raygun has a new expansion team that becomes the venue's second team, Dangers and Dragons
- Getaway Lounge has a new expansion team that becomes the venue's second team, Outland Drains
- Hellbent Brewing in Lake City is a new venue hosting their first team, Hop Wizards
- Rule Updates:
- There have been no rule changes to match rules from the Fall 2019 season.
- In the league rules, the rules for promotion and relegation described might not be applied at end of the Spring 2020 season. The Board of Directors are working on a new divisional format to be able to accommodate more teams moving forward, and provide more variety from one season to the other so that ultimately every team gets to play every other team at least once every few seasons. Along with this possible change is the introduction of team handicapping to better balance a match when two teams of different strength are competing against each other. If the board cannot come to agreement on the new rules prior to six weeks before Fall 2020 season when schedule needs to be created, then the fallback will be to apply the promotion and relegation rules as currently documented in the rules.
- With 16 teams in Division 2, the Top 8 (instead of 7 last season) teams will make the playoffs; there will not be any first round byes in Division 2. Division 1 remains as Top 6 making the playoffs with top two teams earning a first-round bye.
- Approximate IPR Freeze Dates:
- Pre-Season update: January 30, 2020
- Mid-Season update: March 17, 2020
- Pre-Playoff update: April 28, 2020
Other LinksSeattle's Monday Night Pinball league has established a set of five core values that best define the spirit of the league, and are used to navigate decision making. The values are: