Monday Night Pinball
Seattle's Monday Night Pinball (MNP) is returning Post-Covid with the Fall 2021 season, with the first week planned for Monday September 13, 2021.
Call for Teams
The season is scheduled to begin on Monday September 13, 2021, 8:30pm.Due to the lengthy time off since the last season, we are not assuming the return of any team or venue. Rather, EVERY team that wants to play in Fall 2021 must submit a team application via the MNP Captains Group.
That application must include the following:
- Team Name
- Desired Venue
- Captain’s Name
- Co-Captain’s Name
- At least 6 other player names of committed players
Fall 2021 Rule ChangesHere are the key rule changes for the upcoming season. Some of them are significant.
- Start time of each league night has moved to 8:30pm to begin picks. 8:45pm to begin Round 1 play.
- Tie breakers will be eliminated. Matches ending in a tie will be counted in standings as half-win/half-loss.
- Maximum Team IPR reduced to 36 (from 40)
- Grandfathering into a higher team cap is still allowed if at least 6 players from a team are returning, but such teams must have all players play at least 2 of first 5 matches. Players that don’t must be dropped from the roster and new players added following the lower team cap rule.
- A and B division separation has been abolished..
- Instead there will be six GROUPS of teams (similar to conferences), where top 2 in each group moves on to playoffs. Possibly additional wildcard spots depending on number of teams.
- Teams within a group don’t necessarily play each other. However, most or all of their opponents will be the same, allowing for fair comparison of their records.
- IPRs remain frozen from what was in place in Spring 2020 when league was aborted, and will remain frozen throughout the fall regular season. Next update will be prior to the playoffs of the Fall 2021 season.
- A venue must continue to have 8 machines and be open until at least midnight on league night. A venue that normally closes before midnight will still be allowed to host if they make an exception on Monday nights for league players only to stay beyond closing hours to allow the match to conclude.
For more information, monitor the Monday Night Pinball Facebook Page ( https://www.facebook.com/SeattleMondayNightPinball). For specific questions to the board members, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org